November 14, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Delran Township Board of Education takes safety and security seriously and has supported the recommendation for a Security Manager position in the 2017-2018 operating budget. To that end, the Board developed expectations that include topics regarding school security in order to allow for seamless oversight in this area so we can protect our children and staff members.
In September, Mr. Howard Davenport, formerly a Lieutenant with the Delran Police Department, began to serve the district as its Security Manager. With this position, the Board endeavors to have increased oversight of all areas of emergency preparedness, a representative to serve as a liaison between the district and local law enforcement and to conduct all investigations of student residency.
As we progress in the area of student residency, all district families currently enrolled in grade 2, grade 5 and grade 8 are being asked to re-certify their residency during the 2017-2018 school year. Below you can find logistical information regarding completing this requirement in advance of the 2018-2019 school year.
Residency re-certification for children currently enrolled in grade 2, grade 5 and grade 8 will be done by appointment and must be completed by March 1, 2018. Appointments will be held December through February with morning and afternoon time slots to choose from. Please visit our district website at www.delranschools.org and click on the Residency Re-certification link to choose the appointment date and time that works for you. All appointments will be held at the Delran Board of Education Building located at 52 Hartford Road in Delran.
For those interested, there will be appointments available on Wednesday evenings as outlined below. To confirm an evening appointment, please email Jenny Schenski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Evening appointments can be made up until 6:30 pm on the following days:
- December: 6, 13, 20
- January 3, 10, 17, 24
- February 14, 21, 28
You will need to bring photo identification with you to your appointment as well as provide three (3) original documents to establish proof of residency in Delran:
- One (1) PRIMARY proof of residencyExample: Current signed lease agreement, property mortgage bill dated in the last 60 days, property tax or sewer bill dated in the last 60 days, property Deed.
- Two (2) SECONDARY proofs of residency
Example: Utility bill (gas, electric, water, cable) dated in the last 60 days, paycheck stub, homeowners/renters insurance, car insurance.
If you have any questions regarding the documentation you need to provide or setting up an appointment, please contact Jenny Schenski at 856-461-6800, ext. 1025.
Brian Brotschul, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools
APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION DIRECTIONS
- Please go to our district website,www.delranschools.org, and click on the blue link for “Residency Recertification Appointment”
- You will be taken to the appointment sign-up page where you can choose the date and time slot you prefer for your appointment. Check off the “Sign Up” box and click “Submit and Sign up”
- On the next page you will need to fill out the required information. If you have more than one student in the Delran School District, please list their names in the “Name of Student(s)” box and choose “Quantity” of 1 to indicate you only need one appointment. You will not need multiple appointments for multiple children.
- Please continue to fill in the information required and click “Sign Up Now”.
- Once you have completed the signup process you will receive a confirmation of your appointment day and time. A reminder email will also be sent to you two days prior to your appointment.