All district schools will be opening at their regularly scheduled time on January 26.
I would like to take a moment and clarify the school calendar as it stands now. The District has one snow day built in, which means that we schedule for 181 days, when only 180 are required by the New Jersey Department of Education. We will be utilizing that one snow day on January 25, 2016 (tomorrow), keeping us at 180 days for the school year.
Our initial message this evening outlined that we would be open on February 15, however at the present moment that is not necessary. I apologize for the confusion.
If we lose one more day due to inclement weather, or for any other reason, we would have to make that up. If we need to close for any reason between now and February 11 we will make that day up on February 15.
If we have to make two days up due to inclement weather, or for any other reason, we will reduce the length of Spring Recess. As an example, if we have two more closures this year, we will be open on April 1. If we have three more we will be open on March 31. If we have four more we will be open on March 30.
The District calendar did have a “Snow Day Giveback” noted as May 27, 2016 if we had the days to give back. This year, we will not have that opportunity and schools will be opened as planned.
I apologize for the confusion and am happy to take the opportunity to clarify.
Brian Brotschul, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Due to the lingering effects the recent snowfall in and around Delran Township, all district schools and offices will be closed on January 25th.
Due to the weather forecast all Delran Township Public School activities for January 23, 2016 and January 24, 2016 are cancelled. If any modifications are made to our schedule for Monday January 25, 2016 those will be communicated after 8:00pm on Sunday evening through our district Twitter feeds (@Delran_Super and @Delranschools), Facebook page (Delran Township Public Schools), our website and via email and telephone.
Information about activity information for Friday January 22, 2016 is below:
Millbridge and DIS:
- K-5 PTA Bingo Night: Postponed to January 29, 2016
- Varsity (only) wrestling at Moorestown, 5pm
- All three levels of Girls’ Basketball will be playing at Burlington Township HS.
- Boys’ Basketball against the Atlantic County Institute of Technology has been postponed. The games have been rescheduled to Monday, January 25th. The basketball teams will practice today from 3:30-5:00pm
- Swimming and Bowling: No practice
- Club meetings until 3:15pm.
- DMS wrestling has practice until 4:30
- AA Youth Wrestling is practicing 6-7:30
- Varsity Girls Basketball is home with a 4:00 start time
- JV Girls Basketball is home with a 5:00 start time
- Varsity Boys Basketball is @ NBC with a 4:00 start time
- JV Boys Basketball is @ NBC with a 5:00 start time