During the May 11, 2015 Regular Public Meeting of the Delran Township Board of Education the recommendation to appoint Mrs. Jennifer Lowe as the Principal of Millbridge Elementary School was approved, effective July 1, 2015.
Mrs. Lowe comes to Millbridge with extensive experience at the elementary level, coupled with leadership of curriculum at the central office level in another district. As we move forward with this transition I expect Mrs. Lowe to continue to develop the programs of student care and support that were started under Mrs. Kimberly Hickson, while implementing programs in literacy and initiatives related to early recognition of academic support for students.
John Karakashian will continue to serve as the Assistant Principal at Millbridge Elementary School and will serve a host of roles relative to the seamless operation of the school.
Please join me in personally welcoming Mrs. Lowe to Millbridge in the coming months.
Dear Delran Intermediate School Parents,
During the May 11, 2015 Regular Public Meeting of the Delran Township Board of Education the recommendation to appoint Mrs. Kimberly Hickson as the Principal of Delran Intermediate School was approved, effective July 1, 2015. Additionally, the appointment of Mrs. Rachel Medina was approved to serve as the Assistant Principal at DIS.
Mrs. Hickson comes to DIS with extensive experience at the elementary level. In prior roles, as you know, she has served as the Principal of Millbridge Elementary School as well as an Assistant Principal role in the same school. Her knowledge of the academic needs as well as social emotional needs of students are positive outgrowths of her leadership.
As we move forward with this transition I expect Mrs. Hickson to develop many of the same areas of school climate, school culture and student support that have served as hallmarks during her tenure at Millbridge while continuing to develop the academic program that has been set forth prior.
Prior to serving in her current role as an Assistant Principal at Delran Middle School, Rachel Medina, too, was a valued member of the DIS staff, having served as its Assistant Principal for several years. Mrs. Medina returns to her role at DIS on July 1, 2015.
I consider Delran Intermediate School well positioned for the future and am looking forward to the positive movement at DIS in the coming months. Please join me in personally welcoming both additions to DIS.
Dear Delran Middle School Parents,
Last evening at its Regular Public Meeting the Delran Township Board of Education approved the appointment of Wendy DeVicaris to serve as the Principal of Delran Middle School as of July 1, 2015.
During the months of March and April the district engaged in a search to replace Dr. Melanie Goodwin, who has served as the Principal at DMS for many years. During this search process the opportunity arose to consider a pool of 52 qualified candidates to serve as the Principal.
During this process, a series of focus groups served to inform the profile for the successful candidate; a profile which would guide our entire search and allow us to ensure that we are moving forward with a candidate that truly fills the needs at the middle school. I recommended a candidate who was able to address the needs of DMS and am happy to congratulate Wendy.
Wendy’s eight year tenure as the Supervisor of Mathematics has allowed us to benefit from her thoughtful leadership in many ways. Through time she became a valued member of our leadership team at the District level.
In addition, the Board of Education also approved the appointment of Mrs. Amy Rash to serve as the Assistant Principal at Delran Middle School under Mrs. DeVicaris, also effective July 1, 2015. Mrs. Rash is an experienced administrator, having served the district admirably at Delran Intermediate School for several years in the same role. Additionally, however, she has been a teacher of Social Studies at DMS prior to serving the district in a leadership capacity. I am confident in Amy’s experience as an administrator and a teacher of middle level children to positively impact the middle school.
It certainly is an exciting time to be a student and a parent at Delran Middle School. While we are immensely fortunate to have had a leader of Dr. Goodwin’s quality for many years, we, too, are fortunate to have Mrs. DeVicaris and Mrs. Rash to continue to carry the torch forward for scores of children to come.
Please join me in welcoming Mrs. DeVicaris and Mrs. Rash to Delran Middle School in the coming weeks.
At the May 11, 2015 Regular Public Meeting the following motions were approved by the Delran Township Board of Education:
- Approval of Wendy DeVicaris as Principal of Delran Middle School
- Approval of Amy Rash as Assistant Principal of Delran Middle School
- Approval of Jennifer Lowe as Principal of Millbridge Elementary School
- Approval of Kimberly Hickson as Principal of Delran Intermediate School
- Approval of Rachel Medina as Assistant Principal of Delran Intermediate School
- Approval of all tenured teacher and administrative contracts for the 2015-2016 school year
- Approval of all non-tenured teacher and administrator contracts for the 2015-2016 school year
- Approval of all clerical staff, support staff, maintenance staff contracts for the 2015-2016 school year
- Approval of all professional services for the Board of Education
- Approval of final reading for the following policies: Board Self-Evaluation, Board Officers, Student Assessment, Attendance, Substance Abuse, Student Attendance, High School Graduation, Early Graduation, Service Animal, Bus Driver/Aide Responsibility and Emergency School Bus Procedures
- Approval of job description for Subject Area Leaders in the areas of Math and Language Arts at Millbridge and DIS (2 positions at each school) as well as for the Subject Areas of Math, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies at DMS. The positions are stipend positions funded by a grant
- Approval of revision to the District Technology Hardware and Software Support Specialist job description
- Approval of K-8 Literacy Coach job description – which is a revision to the K-5 Literacy Coach job description to include the middle school grades
- Approval of retirements: Anne Wheeler and Darby Horner, both of Millbridge Elementary School
- Contracting with YMCA for Prime Time Services
- Participation in NJSIG for workers compensation insurance
- Roof Replacement Bid @ DMS, Phase II (Roof Drain Asbestos Abatement Bid)
- Recognition of students who achieved perfect score on NJASK (current 4th and 5th grade students)
- Recognition of GeoBee winners from DIS
- Recognition of National Merit Scholarship Program participants
- Recognition of Teen Arts winners
- Recognition of NJASK perfect scores from DHS (2014 winner)
- Student Recognitions
Delran Intermediate School – GeoBee winners
- Ian Moore – 1st Place
- Troy Anderson – 2nd Place
- Emma Matera – 3rd Place
- Margaret Flynn – 3rd Place
Delran Intermediate School students who achieved perfect score (300) in NJASK Mathematics in 2014:
Earned in Grade 3 (now in Grade 4)
- Jason Croly
- Grace Diehl
- Megan Hamlin
- Dalton Hennegan
- Corinne Langowski
- Christopher McCrum
- Marissa Mongon
- Derek Namnum
- Mahir Sanori
- Cole Smith
- Jake Wuebker
Earned in Grade 4 (now in Grade 5)
- Margaret Flynn
- Emma Frith
- Rachel Lee
- Nicholas Marshall
- Gabrielle Moseley
- Akshar Patel
- Saakhi Ray
- Olivia Schlosky
- Dozie Ucheya
Delran Intermediate School students who achieved perfect score (300) in NJASK Science in 2014:
Earned in Grade 4 (now in Grade 5)
- Brooke Acker
- Alexander Chojnacki
- Claire Flynn
- Gabrielle Moseley
- Jackson Weber
Delran High School
- Ethan Kabel – recognition in 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program in the fall
- Julia Ma – recognition in 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program in the fall
- Noel Fayer – Teen Arts winner in Photography
- Elizabeth Hoyt – Teen Arts winner in Photography
- Lauren Skorny – Teen Arts winner in Fine Arts
- Isaiah Taliaferro – Teen Arts winner in Graphic Design and Fine Arts
- Juliette Zorn – Teen Arts winner in Graphic Design andFine Arts
- Juliette Zorn – awarded the Willingboro Art Alliance Scholarship
- Christina Cauley – achieved high score of 300 on NJASK test in Mathematics in 2014
Each May is contract renewal time as required by law; I would like to wish all newly approved staff members well in the 2015-2016 school year, particularly those administrators taking on new, challenging roles. I am confident that all will be well received by their new buildings.
This evening the Delran Township Board of Education adopted its 2015-2016 school budget. Please click HERE to review the presentation. If you have any questions about the spending plan please contact me at your convenience.
The 2015-2016 school budget made efforts, and was successful, at maintaining all curricular and co-curricular academic programs while maintaining staffing at all levels of the District.
We will begin our work on the 2016-2017 spending plan shortly as we project forward.